Recent Articles

Sport Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Home » , , , » My Obsession with Cricket

My Obsession with Cricket

Back in High school I was becoming a cricket addict, and was taking it far more seriously than I should have. It had started affecting my studies, my thought process and life as well. I used to play Twenty20 (20 mins) wall cricket throwing the ball onto the wall and then play on the rebound. I had batting / bowling options of left and right, I even had running commentary. That was how much I was obsessed with CRICKET.

Taking a step further, I had visualized my SSLC (10th std) like an ODI, first 2 months of my tuitions (crash course as it was called) was the 15 over field restriction. I had to make most out of the reading in short time. It would give me good foundations for the middle over (when school starts). Also last 2 months before the exams were like slog overs. A lot depends on the how much you make out of it. Having good start and good middle overs makes a lot of difference towards the end. In the end good finish is what matters.

As years passed on my obsession with cricket has increased 2 fold now. I always believed that current INDIAN team depicts the hidden characters in us. Just take a look.

Just like our INDIAN team we all have starting problems (OPENERs), once some thing is triggered we all function well. There is always a sachin in us; hungry for records and yet deny it. Flamboyance and happy go lucky nature is always in us as in sehwag. Just like laxman and gambhir need to prove their talent every single day, we too fall in this situation sometimes. We all have that arrogance n elegance yuvraj possesses and talk more work less dhoni in us comes out sometimes. We all perform well in the nets, like ganguly. Some times we do exhibit the sreeshant in us, donno where / when exactly to show aggression. We do exhibit dual nature in life like dravid's batting in test and ODI. Finally we all need to bring out the gentlemen n statesmen kumble in us. Know what is important in life and stay focussed.

Let me know if u don't agree with any of these .

6 comments:

Sandeep Shande said...

nice one... it reminded my days of 10+2 in which i visualized PU exams as test matches and CET exams as ODIs.

btw u remember during final semester we used to play caroms and depending on style of play we had cricketer's names for each one of us shande-Sehwag, manish-Ganguly, yashas-Sachin, murthy-Dravid :)

711Coffee said...

Yup can't forget abt carom and Yashas's room --

Next best thing to garbage --

All u find was book and dust

Anonymous said...

Good comparision.

But dont you think it is possible that since you are SO ADDICTED to cricket that you may be emulating the features of the players and thus they are not hidden characters

Knuckleduster said...

ur comparison of the initial months of school as 1st 15 overs is good... but it's like in India we lose a lot of wickets because of functions and marriages that we ultimately depend on the slog overs for survival... In engg.. 1st 35 overs are very casual and last 15 overs always crucial... so the comparison is very true!!

Unknown said...

Dual nature in life!! - coming close to a Nobel prize via application of Quantum mechanics to the macro world!!

eeglu nenapu baratte - Shande's game!!

Anonymous said...

I don't totally agree with the player comparisons but in general I like your analogy of winning cricket and clearing exams

Blogger templates

Powered by Blogger.